Monday, 14 March 2011

Tent Card and Alterd Frame

This is a tent card that I made for my niece.

I used a piece of A4 card measuring and scoring to make it stand up.

I covered the inside and outside with matching papers and stamped some trees using a stampingup stamp and memento ink.

The apeture was made using a nestability.

I stamped the images of the woodland folk and coloured them with copics. They were then cut out and fixed to the card using stickyback foam pads. The owl and happy birthday are fixed to the inside using ribbon and tape.
This is a photo frame that I altered on Friday at the stampman club.
It was black. Firstly I covered it in gesso to prevent the wood absorbing all the ink. It was then painted in duck egg blue acrylic paint.
I stamped on some tissue paper using a text stamp and applied it to the frame.
Then I stamped some swirls over it and made some roses and a butterfly. These I finished off with some 'pearls'. The butterfly is fixed using silicone glue.
To show off the flowers I used skeleton leaves and a Tim Holtz ticket securing it all to some lace with silicone glue.