Sunday 13 February 2011

saturday workshop


'
I went to a workshop yesturday run by Janet and Michelle from 'Lovinink' at the 'Stampman' Skipton
It was brilliant we learnt lots about the different inks and how they should be used.

Also lots of different techniques which were put together in book form for easy reference. A handy reference system also a useful prompt for when I run out of creative ideas. I recommend these workshops as they are fun and informative. The following shows some of the stuff we did.

As you can see the first example that I have shown is of layered stampimg using distress inks and a Tim Holtz stamp.


This is layered stamping again and using stencils. I used bleach to lighten parts of the image.



Here I used adirondack raspberry and sunset orange. I then stamped the image with versafine ink and highlighted with the bleach pen. The Floral stamp is from stampman.
Other techniques that we played with included brayering, stamping on acetate and vellum and age distressing using Tim Holtz distress inks.

No comments:

Post a Comment